LG2 lession generator
RF Thermolesion with the LG2 Lesion generator
Modern generator for pain therapy and functional neurosurgery
The LG2 is the new, portable radio frequency (RF) lesion generator from inomed with an attractive design, graphical touch-screen surface, remote control and much more.
A large number of instruments for different application modes can be connected to the two-channel RF lesion generator. Matching TC electrodes and cannulas >> complement the inomed product portfolio for pain therapy. TC Brain electrodes complement the product portfolio for use in functional neurosurgery.
Lesion generator with extensive features for precise thermal lesion
The LG2 lesion generator is a modern and portable RF lesion generator for all common lesion techniques (continuous RF and pulsed RF with multiple control modes) in pain therapy and functional neurosurgery . All critical application parameters are permanently monitored by the device, which ensures maximum safety and maximum ease of use for thermal lesions.
All mono- and bipolar TC electrodes from inomed can be used with the LG2 lesion generator. The LG2 has two separate RF channels that can be operated independently of each other. The combination of two monopolar electrodes for bipolar use is possible.
The temperature control of the LG2 lesion generator enables the implementation of controlled thermal lesions. The volume of the lesion is defined by the diameter of the cannula, the size of the active tip and the target temperature and is thus reproducible. A built-in temperature sensor in the tip of the TC electrode continuously measures the temperature occurring in the tissue. The LG2 lesion generator can be operated in the modes of continuous RF delivery with temperature control or temperature profile or pulsed RF delivery with control of temperature, pulse duration or voltage.
Integrated electrical stimulation and impedance measurement
In addition to the RF output, it is possible to localize and differentiate between sensory and motor nerves with electrical stimulation for even more precise electrode positioning. With the LG2 lesion generator, thermal lesions, electrical stimulation and impedance measurement are quick, precise and safe.
Thermal lesion procedure to reduce chronic pain
Interventional pain therapy uses minimally invasive procedures with the aim of permanently reducing chronic pain through selective interruption or changes in the pain conduction of the affected nerve tracts. This is done either by targeted drug injection or by interrupting the conduction of pain using minimally invasive neurodestructive procedures – thermal lesion or cryolesion.
Chronic pain, for example with facet joint syndrome, can be treated extremely precisely, effectively and safely with the help of thermal lesions if the indication is correct.
Features of LG2 Lesion generator
- Continuous RF in two different modes: Temperature or Preset Temperature-Profile
- Pulsed RF in three different modes: Temperature, Pulse Duration, or Voltage
- Direct Nerve Stimulation for the localisation of motor and sensory nerves
- Continuous Temperature and Impedance Monitoring
- Neutral Electrode Contact Quality Monitoring (NEM)
- Saving of up to 25 pre-set programs
- Touchscreen monitor to manage the intuitive workflow
- Digital display of all relevant application parameters
- Remote control to operate the device from sterile field
- Compact and light-weight system design
- Compatible with all inomed TC electrodes for pain and brain application
Applicationfields of RF Thermolesion
- Facet denervation of lumbar, thoracic and cervical spine
- Sacroiliac joint
- Trigeminal neuralgia (Thermolesion of Ganglion Gasseri)